View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 03:34 PM
Senior Chief

I had no luck with Luk as they only offer the 11" clutch disc with a 26 spline which won't work on the M-21. That got me thinking about the flywheel as it is drilled for both 10 1/2 and 11 inch disc but I noticed that the outer set on holes go through the inner edge of the ring gear which seemed odd. Flywheel has a PN 9779263 with a B180 date code so I believe it is original to the car but It seems that the flywheel was drilled to accommodate the 11" disc later in time which would explain the ring gear being drilled into. The question I have regards the integrity of the flywheel as the holes that I believe were added later are directly outside of the original holes for the 10 1/2 " disc. To me, the hole being rather close together and the partial drilling through the inside edge of the ring gear makes me question if this flywheel is safe to use or am I taking a big risk. I did have the flywheel surfaced at a local machine shop and they did not comment on it having issues but maybe that is not their job. What do you all think?