View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 12:38 AM

I would swap on a fresh set of 6X-4 heads to bump the compression up by a point or so. Mill them as much as .030” but no more so the intake still fits. Keep the stock intake.

Swap in the Summit 2801 cam and a good quality lifter set, Johnson Hylift. Make sure the heads have new springs that match the cam. A good timing chain set that’s the factory link style, available from NAPA I’m pretty sure.

Find out for sure what gears you have before settling on a cam. If you have 3.08 gears I’d suggest toning down the cam to the 2800.

Have the distributor reworked by a good shop that can put a performance curve in it.

Carb reworked with the proper jets and rods and of course a high quality rebuild kit from Cliff. If it’s in need of baseplate bushings have that done.

I would skip the headers but upgrade to 2-1/2” all the way to the mufflers if it’s not already. Make sure your mufflers aren’t restrictive. The second-Gen T/As have poor ground clearance already without making matters worse by running headers.

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: