View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good idea to switch back to points, IMHO. I've had so much trouble with Pertronix in recent years (I could put up a couple dozen pages here detailing BAD experiences with them) that using good USA made points are the only thing I'll try these days in the older points type distributors.

Anyhow, you need an OEM resistor wire from the key switch and an ignition bypass wire for full voltage when cranking. If not using the original full length bypass wire you'll have to install a resistor in line to the coil. I can't remember the ohm value of the ones we used to use but I'm sure someone on here can chime in witht the correct value to reduce the voltage to the correct values when running points.......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),