View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Is this one OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Just make sure you get the good c-clip eliminator axles from Strange that have the proper bearing seals for street use.

The C-clip eliminator axles from Moser (unless they changed and fixed it) they were the only style available at the time, just used a simple o-ring around the circumference of the bearing and that doesn't keep the oil from leaking for long. Eventually it comes through the bearing itself and all over the brakes. Moser's excuse at the time was that they are for strip only and not meant to make turns ( I don't know of a drag strip where you don't have to make turns) Lame excuse and not advertised as such at that time. Poor design.

Like I said maybe they've changed and reconfigured the design since then but I never bought from them again. Better safe than sorry, Strange makes the proper street version of the c-clip eliminator axle and they work perfectly. I've used them for probably 25+ years now without any issues with thousands of street miles.
https://www.strangeengineering.net/p...stud-kit.html/

I'm guessing I have to drill out the wheel stud holes (7/16" > 1/2") on the drums but everything else should be plug and play after I cut the bearing housings off the diff. I'm also thinking the 2" wheel studs should be ok? Anybody know how much thicker the axle flange is from the stock 12 bolt axle flange?

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge