Thread: Dome light
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET View Post
67 GTO the dome light will not turn off. So far I have removed both door, jam, switches, checked all the white wires for grounding issues. The headlight switch is new it is turned clockwise which dim the dash lights. If you turn it counterclockwise I can feel it when it’s supposed to turn on the dome light. Do not understand why it will not go off any help would be appreciated.
I had the exact opposite problem.

In my ‘65 GTO when opening “only” the RH door the dome / console light would not come on.
I fussed with this issue for days until I realized the door jam switch was faulty.
When I pressed or wiggled that RH switch the lights would come on. When I let go of the switch the lights go off.
Some internal issue with just that RH switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7074.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	629569  

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.