View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Worst problem I've come across is FedEx Dallas, out of the Grapevine location. They must be severely understaffed, or they surely were about a year ago.

I send parts ahead to a customer site on a Tuesday and fly there Wednesday. Facility is a truck place fully fenced, closes at 5pm. They attempt delivery at 7:30pm. I'm waiting all day, it was Priority, 10:30 AM guarantee.

Thursday, wait all day, tracking says out for delivery, no package by 5pm again.

Bad weather (80mph gusts) blows in, I go to Grapevine FedEx after biz closes and wait to intercept my parts until after 7 PM, truck still an hour from returning, I ask for a will-call hold at facility...

I get part at 9 AM Friday, head to client, install part, still need further work. Flight home at 1, gotta get off site 10:30. Had to reschedule visit to complete repairs. Entire trip was wasted., customer down another couple weeks while we jam them back into our schedule.

Customer tells me during visit that they've had the FedEx guys just toss packages over fence after hours in recent days, after tracking showed delivered and they'd walk the property to find packages by fence line, under trucks, in bins, what a mess

Last edited by einstein; 03-02-2024 at 03:37 PM.