View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 12:15 AM

I think the downhill slide with FedEx (and other delivery services) accelerated greatly when Amazon started doing their own deliveries. Their guys are the absolute worst at leaving packages in bad places, throwing boxes, not delivering them, leaving them in the elements, etc. Once this started to become "the norm," the others picked up the pace to follow suit.

On Feb 16, I packed my horns from my '63 (and a lot of bubble wrap) in a box which was an 8" cube. I sent this FedEx Ground from my place on Long Island, NY to Gary at the Horn Works in Beloit, Wisconsin. (I have spares, but they are in really rough shape.)

On Feb 21, I received the following picture as "proof of delivery." Good thing they sent the picture. Sheesh. Prize to the first guy who spots a box - any box - in the picture, let alone an 8x8x8 cube.

The good news is that Gary really did get them, and confirmed for me this morning that he's all done and just waiting for the paint to dry to send them back.

Just makes you wonder, though: What are these guys thinking? Do they like to wonder about their packages or come home and find them waterlogged? No, don't answer that. The bottom line is lack of care. (And I shouldn't generalize; our FedEx drivers at our office in Leesburg, VA are very good, and come into the office for deliveries, rarely leaving stuff outside, and when they do, they're very careful.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DeliveryPicture.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	629717  

'63 Bonneville Convertible
'56 Safari
'82 Firebird SE