Thread: eBay sightings
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Let's talk restomod, but in reverse. You start with a restomod and work backwards. In the end, is the investment worth it? Are you building it as a keeper, intending to never sell it? I love the guts it takes to go through with your dream, rather than someone else's dream. 1968 Pontiac Firebird restomod frame off at $78K BIN OBO in Texas. Frame off is a lot of work. This car must have taken a long time to finish, because a lot of what made this type of restomod cool, was very 80's period specific. Wide tires, Chevy 383 stroker and a custom interior. I know some of you disagree, and that's fine, but for me, and I speak only for me, when I see things like chrome hood springs, I cringe; what a waste of money. Have I ever owned a show car, where stuff like that matters? No. That 69 green GTO had a chrome alternator? Why? I digress... The interior on this car is not to my taste. It's very 80's/90's and the baddest thing to do back then. Remember, a lot of these cars started out as real 400's. My first Pontiac in 1978 was a 70 GTO 455 4-speed Ram Air and I paid $1500 for it. It was just a car back then, and I did all kinds of bolt-on crap to it. I loved it, but that's what you do when you're 16 and doing burnouts. It's what you still think is cool when you're in your 20's, but after that, maybe it's not the look for you? In a nutshell, this car is very well done and the suspension looks good, though again, not to my taste. I would guess that there's $100K worth of work and parts in it. If you're on the fence, just remember that if you did this much work to a stock car, it would be worth more. /JMHO. If a one-off restomod is the look you want, this one is for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25643262452...Bk9SR96qtrzBYw

Last edited by thews; 03-04-2024 at 08:14 PM.