Thread: ram air hood
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 01:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

>> Unrujonny >>In the WAY back machine , 2008, we have the 1ST Post in the sticky thread up top of this forum called 70 ONLY parts...hood discussion is NOT new. These bend up and can crack easy, so the reiforcement was added.
>>>>> link to post https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=580525
In 2009 you Posted in this thread that you READ it all..
">
Ultimate Warrior

Jan 1, 2009 post # 102
ok, a friend told me about this thread so I came to see the list... I read it all... <<<<<<<<<

I feel compelled to add the following because most of the "1970" parts were either 70-71, or 70 & early 71 parts...

1) red crested 4 speed shifter handle (with shift pattern); presumably an early production run part which replaced the standard black round knob on cars with deluxe interiors.

2) red-crested 3 speed shifter handle (w/o shift pattern); presumably an early production run part which replaced the standard black round knob on cars with deluxe interiors.

3) Muncie 3 speed manual transmission; This was the standard transmission on the 70/71 Formula, and was optional as a "heavy duty" 3 speed in 70/71 V8 base & Esprit models; Pontiac RPO M13, NLA in Firebird after 1971.
No offense meant here... Craig and Mike have slapped me a bit when I go astray !! hehe

Raimairnacho>> while you "can" open these hoods with a reciprocating saw, the saw blades DRIFT easy with fiberglass. I would HIGHLY recommend using a metal straight edge probably 1/4" inch to do the tops and bottoms. Verify the lip first on the block off on the closed off hood. You Can possibly use a flat file to fix up a wavy one if not too bad.
Good luck...

Last edited by Formulabruce; 03-07-2024 at 01:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Formulabruce For This Useful Post: