Thread: ram air hood
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIV70TA View Post
So, this hood has had the inlets opened because there's no ridge or signs of the screens, therefore not a ram air hood? The hood would also be incorrect for my 4/07/70 ship date because of the reinforcements? If all true, being 1 of 189, I'll be looking for the correct hood.
I too own a low production 1970 ra3 formula. My hood got stolen and created a nightmare for me. IM throwing in the towle on "correct ". I original was going to custom paint and restoring it. Now back to stock and it's frustrating. Don't worry about it being 100% correct I'm not ever selling my car but can imagine how some wait or hint me selling. If you plan to build to sell they will buy it with either hood or enjoy it. I got a friend from Facebook that has a 4 speed and his original hood has bowed and he will probably get 1 of my extras. These cars are older than me and I'm 51. If your hood is flat run it man. The steel reinforced hoods where service replacement hoods to the inner steel structured braced hood that would break, simular to the crappy thin lipped amp shakers. I will never date code again it's very challenging plus time consuming. If your car is more or less original then I bet hood got eirhet stolen like mine or broke and replaced. The hoods are the same screened or not made from same mold. Only difference is some one used a couping saw and cut it out.