View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
. I like FJs idea of mounting by the stock fuel pump but wont that contribute to heat soak more than being up closer to the carb?
Na, been doing it for many years that way, doesn't matter how hot it gets here, 105-110-115+ degrees outside and it never causes an issue with heat soak or vapor lock, even with the junk 91 pump gas we have.

Edit:
I should add that now of course I say this and it's probably critical to point out that as I mentioned in the post below I run a full length return line from that regulator, so that regulator always has constant fuel flow through it no matter what the engine is doing. If it's idling it's moving more fuel back to the tank so there is no stagnent fuel just sitting in that regulator getting hot.

Now if you try dead heading a system like this with the regulator mounted off the fuel pump boss on the engine, there are no guarantees that you won't run into some hot fuel issues, because well.....it's dead headed and when the car is idling that fuel just isn't going anywhere.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE

Last edited by Formulajones; 03-24-2024 at 03:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: