View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
You probably won't want to try and duplicate it with a fuel pressure gauge installed either but if you do data log while you're at it. It'll provide more clues.

In the mean time if you have a laptop for tuning you could download the current tune and have a look at the learn table. If it's crazy high in the wot throttle areas like I mentioned that's a good indicator you have a fuel delivery problem and the unit is trying to cover it. That's one nice thing about these units is the safety they provide for things like that. Keeps you from totally destroying the engine at wot.

Not sure if you have changed your compensation limits in your tune but they are typically set at 50 percent which is a ton of fuel.

I usually turn them down to 10 percent or less in cruise and idle areas but the wot area I leave at least 25 percent just for situations like that.
I don't believe I should need to really get in to any RPM to determine if I have a fuel pressure issue. A quick tip-in and free rev should tell me if there's something going on with fuel delivery. At least if it's substantial anyway.

I do have the ProCal software that I can dig in to the tune. I don't have my learn limits turned down. On the FiTech's the long term trims can only go to 30%. I drive the car in such varying weather conditions and altitudes that it makes sense to let them have some play. I may have caught this quickly enough that it hasn't had much time to significantly alter the long term trims. It's worth a look though.