View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
Ever eaten groundhog, muskrat, or squirrel? I grew up eating these on a regular basis. When you visited my paternal grandfather and he asked if you were hungry, you didn’t ask what was in his double boiler; you just ate it. Grandpa Ernest trapped to supplement his Army pension($68 per month)and his Social Security($200 per month). As a trapper and a retired farmer he didn’t believe in wasting anything. Grandpa Ernest only trapped muskrats, so when he had a half dozen or so he slow cooked them after he had cleaned and removed their pelts. When it came to the hogs he raised the joke in the family was we ate everything but the oink! Head cheese and souse were delicious when prepared correctly.
No, but I did leave out shrimp heads. It's allegedly a Japanese delicacy. I thought it was horrible. Kind if like a combination of egg shells, sand and bland mushy stuff (eyes and brain). I'd rather eat a golf ball size lump of wasabi than eat that again.

I would imagine that squirrel and groundhog would be similar to rabbit? I've had plenty of that too.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
The Following User Says Thank You to jhein For This Useful Post: