View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moshier View Post
toilet paper.... well, Actually I believe they Frantz are using cellulose media like most filters do now. Can you use toilet paper??? sure I guess so

or/ Frantz Filter has created a melt-blown synthetic oil filter media that has a graduated stage process that filters down to 2 microns, yielding true depth filtration. The filter media has been created from 100% polypropylene and lasts two to three times longer* than cellulose media. Synthetic oil filter media has two other advantages: it has more consistent flow rate and holds its form better than cellulose-based filter media.
Hot shots secret wanted to be a little more sophiosticated about their filter elements, so they presized them to the cannister, and wrapped them in cellophane packaging, and upped the price. TP will still work, but I believe they wanted to distance themselves from that lowbrow connotation. They offer the cellulose option for $4.95 plus shipping. In case anyone wants to know, the TP is cellulose, so your buying essentiially the same thing as TP.

They also came out with a man made synthetic option, as mentioned, but synthetic materials won't trap moisture in the filter element as the cellulose does. The TP has worked fine for me for the last 14 years, and since the early 50s when the filter was first manufactured, all told narly 70 years they've used the janitorial style TP. If someone wants to pay for the synthetic element, then have at it, but I'm just fine with whats worked for 70 years.

The synthetic is priced at $10.95 plus shipping, and is currently "out of stock".

TP today is not usually "out of stock" unless theres a pandemic going on, and people start hoarding it.

When I became a dealer for the former owner of Frantz products, I had to buy a quantity of filters to become a dealer. When Hot shots secret bought the Frantz operation, I was no longer a dealer, and I would have had to go through placing another qualifying order with the new owners to retain my standing as a Frantz dealer. Yeah, that pretty much soured me on Hot shots secret, I already paid once, I wasn't about to pay twice.............

I like the product, but I'm not a fan of how they screwed over the dealers that were selling their products before they bought out the Frantz business. A whole bunch of dealers got tossed under the bus when the company changed hands, and past ties, and marketing agreements meant nothing to the new owners. I have other sources to buy anything I need in the way of parts, so I choose to not buy anything from Hot shots secret.

They're located in Ohio now about an hour from me, so I could place an order, and save freight, but that won't ever happen as I'd have to pay list price, because I'm no longer a dealer in their eyes.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 03-29-2024 at 12:20 PM.