View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 07:40 AM

Here is a better description and price:

I pulled a 12 bolt out of my 67 Camaro. It is coded COV which is a 1970 12 bolt rear end - I believe specific to 1970 SS or big block cars. Obviously the perches were relocated to fit a 1st gen, it was done correctly and welds look factory. The rear end is painted with a very heavy multi stage product, I have wire wheeled the area where the codes are stamped on the axle tube about a quarter of the way around the tube. It needs stripped and repainted. It has not been narrowed and measures 61" face to face. Does not have c clip eliminators. Has multi leaf perches. Rear end has new Moser axles, bearings and seals. New "yellow" 400 lbs posi springs, clutches looked good and work good too. New aluminum Moser cover. And new Moser 1350 pinion yoke. Has new 7/16" wheel studs. Also has new rear drum brakes - complete kit backing plates and all. Does come with new e brake cables, but not the splitter block or mounting tab for the splitter block hard lines. Axle tubes still have the factory clips for holding the hard lines.

Rear end was in my car when I bought it. It was making a little noise. When I opened it up, I replaced the parts above. The backlash was horrible at close to 0.040". I re-shimmed it when putting back together and have that down to 0.014". Gear pattern is very good and it does not make noise now. Rear end has original Eaton 3 series posi carrier with 4.11 gear set.

When I say "new" here, all parts have been run, but have less than 200 miles on them - no BS - honestly less than 200 miles.

It fit in my 67 fine, I ran 15"x8" wheels with 4-1/2" backspace and 255/60/15 tires and had no tire scrub.

$1800 pickup. I did keep the crate my new rear end came in and can ship this from my work. Picture below but have many more available upon request. I cannot figure out how to post pictures on this site, if you PM me your email address I will send pictures, and can take more of any specific areas you would like to see.

I figure I have very close to $1800 in parts in and on it. Located about an hour south of Charlotte NC. Reminder, the perches will need to be relocated to fit in a second gen Camaro.

there is a picture in this post on Nasty Z28
https://nastyz28.com/threads/1970-12...tamped.347268/