View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbikrash View Post
I recently converted a dual sync setup to a dedicated crank trigger. I thought I'd post up a few pics on my setup.

I am using the dual sync now for cam signal only, with a COP/CNP 8 coil setup on the Pontiac V8.

ATI does sell a flying magnet shell with embedded magnets (pictured below), and as I already had the ATI balancer it was easy to upgrade. This approach does not change the pulley position, nor requires drilling any holes in an SFI balancer.

Note this is for a 3 hole serpentine pulley setup, not the Pontiac 4 hole V belt pulley.

I used 4 magnets with a 50 deg. reference angle, but you can also order the ATI shell with up to 12 magnets if you wish, but I don't see the benefit- having one magnet at TDC for each cylinder is all you really need for a V8, and having the single pulse cam signal from the dual sync means you can use full sequential injection.

The crank sensor is a Hall effect.

The brackets I machined mount to and replace the fuel pump block off plate, and allow adjustment of the sensor in 3 axes. I haven't had a chance to anodize the parts yet, but it's coming.

Great looking setup! I’ve suggested people use the ATI shell with integrated magnets if they want to retain an original style pulley set-up.

The set-up on my car works great. Like you I’m running an CNP set-up and I’m only using the dual sync for the cam signal.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/