View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 06:33 PM

Default 78 Trans AM Front Bumper Fiberglass Core Suppport to Horn Bracket Connection

I'm trying to use the somewhat triangular metal part that connects the center of the front bumper to the radiator support (via the car horn vertical bracket). I'm not sure I have the right bolt locations or if I'm using the correct type of bolts.

In the Front Bracket Right picture the two bolts I'm wondering about are facing the camera. It seems to me that the top bolt is not really attached to the horn support bracket - the hole in the bracket is too large. Should the bolt go through the center hole? Or is this a three bolt design?

I wanted to get this installed correctly. As I was working with it I feel like the position of the somewhat triangular support is adjustable on the horn support bracket. If this is adjustable, I' like to move the top bolt as close to the radiator as possible to that the top of the front bumper fascia moves slightly higher and closer to the hood (Hood to Bumper Gap picture).

So, do I have the right bolts and the right bolt positions? Is this the adjustment point to move the fascia closer to the hood?

Thanks in advance for any help .

TacoTownCharlie

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bracket Right (Phone).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	632285

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bracket Left (Phone).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	632286