View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This really isn’t about other copying that goes on in China, or here, or anywhere else. Speedmaster, a company with facilities in the US, Australia, and happens to have manufacturing done also in China, copied a small shops valve body, left that companies name on the part. Didn’t a very good job manufacturing it (like most stuff they do) and then they sold it as their own product for major retailer’s to resell.

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect about the connection between copying parts, and what Speedmaster did on this. Imagine developing a product, someone buy’s it and copies it, then they do a shotty job reproducing it, and resell it with your name still on it. Maybe you would rather just have someone break into your garage, steal some parts and buy it back on eBay? I run a company that sells equipment, and have a number of patents, I actually would rather deal with someone stealing something out of my shop versus what they did.

Speedmaster has done a bunch of unscrupulous things in the effort to expand their company and for better name recognition. This boils down to very bad management and business practices at SM. Lots of Chinese parts you don’t have much choice in buying or using. But with SM product’s, which are almost all just copies with no R&D put into improving them, you do have a choice.

Last edited by Jay S; 04-20-2024 at 08:56 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jay S For This Useful Post: