View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Matt, 1st off THANK YOU for making a swing with cam selection! Ya Gota make moves to move forward. That you did, that’s what moves the Pontiac community forward.
2cnd I have checked out you and your dads beautiful cars on numerous occasions,they are breath taking.
You guys are always in the motorhome so I really haven’t talked to y’all much

My 2cents on your original question, have you tried merge collectors?
I’ve always heard keep making the choke point smaller and smaller until it falls off then go back to the merge collector that made the most power.

I’m in that horsepower range but our motors are way different considering I run a 18 degree big chief head.
But for what it’s worth I have a 2 3/8 primary tube and a 5” merge collector that chokes down to 4”.
I bought some Schoenfeld merge collectors for my 2" Mad Dog 3 piece headers. 3 1/2" collectors so I was going to buy some 3" merge collectors (500$!!) Called their tech and they asked what HP of a engine I was putting them on and I told them 700ish. The recommended a 2 3/4 neck down collector.
I was concerned about it being too small and they assured me 2 3/4" was the number. They ran them on 900 HP Sprint car engines so I bought what they recommended.
Just got them all back from Caps Coatings, NICE !
Called their tech and they gave me the rundown on breaking them in. They want extra fans on the headers when you fire them up. And told me if there is a fingerprint on them it will get baked in. Clean them with alcohol first.
I am worried about installing them without scratching them all up. So they said to wrap them in blue painters tape first.
Its going to be one big pain but should be worth it.