View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 12:22 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68pongto View Post
I am currently in the process of reproducing the 68 dash wood grain inserts. I too bought the thicker insert years ago from Performance Years, but everything now is too thin. I did extensive research and got dozens and dozens of samples from 3M and matched the color and grain much better than the current repops. My graphics guy is going to put the vinyl on a backing material and then die-cut them. They should be ready to go this summer.
Feel free to post what 3m pattern you settled on if you’re feeling generous! 🙏 😊 I’m almost at the point of ordering samples.

I haven’t purposely put this project on the back burner but I had to pause it shortly as I recover from a workplace injury. Actually the “injury” itself was an easy recovery, it’s all the precautionary meds I have to take following it that are wreaking havoc on me.

Very special thanks to nytrainer for generously sending me the long time out of production backer-less woodgrain overlay that Ames used to offer. I should be test fitting it in the next few days and I’ll update how it fits. My plan is to have it scanned large format and then I’ll convert it to vector format and find a way to post the file for anyone who does their own cutting. I’ll also post whatever vinyl cutter settings work well for me on the final product embossed vinyl I hopefully find.

Thanks again to nytrainer for helping us move this project along in a major way. 👍 👍

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy11 For This Useful Post: