View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 09:37 AM
Senior Chief

Default Fences make good neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
I helped build this home. I physically pull water out of the well to help my dad lay the block. 2 fireplaces that I helped lay. So I have attachment that money cant buy. I'm going deal with the issue without trouble.
Bob we all have time and money invested in our homes with personal attachments. I know how you feel.
I have an acre just outside the city limits of a once small town in Texas. The town has built up around me and so have the city folks.
My neighbors to the right side of me used to be nice people and we got along. They are from a big city is south Texas.
They have crape myrtles planted on the property line and they encroach on my side and make a hell of a mess on my side of the property. They have been there for ten years now and have never trimmed them. I just let it go as they are not really bothering me. If they start to rub on my carport I will trim them.
two years ago I had a dumpster dropped on my side of the property close to the line. In doing so the dumpster broke one of the branches on their Crape Tree. No Pund. The wife next door went ballistic and started yelling at me
calling me an ass hole and said other things I cannot repeat. Said I should have told them to trim their trees back. The nerve. They are grown adults and should manage their trees if they don't want encroaching branches' broken. Now we are on a different foot with these neighbors. The old guy on the other side died about a year ago. The family sold the house to people from the city that have never lived in the country. The other day they were talking about building a fence and hooking it to mine. I had to politely inform them that my fence was not built out to the property line and they could not attach their fence to mine. They are used to being in the city where the fences are pushed to the lines.
Point to all this is people are living in their own little world and think they have the right and really don't know any better.
I now will have to re-think my fence and will be putting it up to the property line back 6 inches to avoid future problems with them.
Good fences make good neighbors. The saying is true.
Sometimes you have to build a fence before they do to keep it legal so to speak.
I think you will have to bite the bullet and put up a good fence on that side whether it be cinder block, metal poles and wood, chain linked or an electric fence if you had say a couple of Goats on your property. Pund intended.
I think that is the only thing that is going to make you happy in this situation.
Good luck fellow GTO enthusiast.
hope this works out for you.

White/Black 70 RAIII T/A M21/373 (stripper)
Carousel Red/Black 69 GTO Judge 4 Sp
2002 Firehawk Red/Black 6Sp