View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did a little work on the hood tach update. A long while back I epoxied the inside of it up because the plastic is pretty degraded and flaking. I also put iron sleeves around the threaded stands, filled them with epoxy, drilled and tapped new threads into them.

I made a panel out of sheet plastic to hold the digital tach screen and red and orange lights. I'll use the lights as warning indicators for the EFI. Overheating, low oil pressure, lean condition under load, or as shift lights.

I took the boat tach out of its housing entirely. There is a settings button on the top of the tach that I'm looking at soldering some wires on to and mounting a remote button on the bottom of the hood tach assembly so I can adjust the redline, etc on the tach.

All assembled and I checked that it still powers up.

I may get some black vinyl and cover over the sides and Chinese writing on the screen. Just leave the actual bar gauge and rpm numbers visible.

Here is the video of my proof of concept from a few months ago.
https://youtu.be/LJDj-_oQey4?si=xkJm6lxPFMjG5TUd

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)