View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"Cliff & I do this sorta thing from time to time,I dont take it seriously,doubt he does either."

Bothers me not is the least. I think most folks have figured out by now that I do this for a living, and my car runs under the legal roll bar rule on 89 octane piss-water gas with 11 to 1 compression, in full street trim, full/quiete exhaust system, factory intake manifold, factory Q-jet, stock HEI distributor, and using tiny little DOT tires. No T-II or Victor intake, Dominator, big HP Holley, 2" headers or any other "special" components typically associated with cars this fast.

We campain another car out of my shop that uses iron heads and even more compression, and it's daily driven and needs a roll bar as well. I put it together to show folks you don't need aluminum heads to run nearly into the 10's with near stock drivetrain components.

You can give all the advice you want, but I'd listen closer to someone who's actually doing it, than to someone who hasn't had a car that moves in at least 10 years....FWIW.....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),