View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cmon Cliff, why you always gotta bust out the same old chest banging routine.... I wanna hear more about this iron head pump gas car that runs "close" to 10's with "near stock" drivetrain componenets and is "daily driven". That sounds like a recipe for broken 10 bolts, u joints and driveshafts, any car that runs under 11.50's is gonna need some drivetrain beefing up, so please don't lead us astray with veiled statements like "near stock drivetrain components"......I know what your idea of "daily driven" is....on and off the trailer once a week.....LOL!!! Now I'm busting out the sledgehammer!

I have been driving my "racecar" for the last 4 weeks now, as the real "daily driver" has been in the shop with multiple issues. It may not even come back!! So If I may boast a little here too...I have driven my GTO to the repair shop, to the grocery store, to the gig, to work, to my girlfriends house, to the hardware store, I loaded mulch in it, hay for the yard, 100watt marshalls and 4x12 cabinets every weekend, and I put gas in it. Like every 3 days $45 worth of pump gas 91-93 octane and burn through it, at part throttle on the hwy around 2200, stomp on it sometimes onramp, torrential rain, 90+ degree heat........I'm still driving it everyday and it's fine! I could drive it to the track, change tires and run some 11.70's at 117mph if I wanted to, jump right back on the hwy and drive it for another 4 weeks. Never open the hood.

Those 6X-4's sound like a great deal for a 400block stroker kit engine. I would not hesitate to run them just because the comp might end up around 9.8 to 1. You could try and open the chambers some unless they have already been reworked. Butler has a gasket that compresses at .042. You could bleed off some with the cam, lots of ways to make them work. Sure beats the heck out of $2000 plus for some aluminum heads.