Thread: Trunk Pans
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontGuy View Post
The center where the pan goes over the axle did not match the body on my car either.

When you get through all the metal work the Parts Place has the correct water-proof splatter paint to finish it off with the original look.

Walt
Last Post! I promise! lol

There are two three piece repop trunk pans available for these cars. The ones you used are from Classic Reproductions in Greenville OH. They are patterned after the 70-72 trunk pans that have a different hump on the shelf. They are identified by the bare metal, uncut drain holes and lack of definaition since the dies have been in use since the eighties. Still a good piece and we use them often.

The other three piece, made in asia, is easily identified by the black ecoat. They are patterned after a 68-69 trunk. I must note that the hump changed around April 69 and the late cars used the 70 style hump.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!