View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Well its been awhile since I've last posted on my Boosted race car. Im still waiting on mic-ing my cylinder bores BUT I'm pretty sure they are OK. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Bump Box........I bought it last year for the Nostalgia Race at Norwalk but never got it to work. The reason I got it was to help me cut a better light (reaction time). The best I can do is a .090 (my car is not sent up for a pro tree and my reactions are a bit slow....its an age thing). Anyways a .090 ain't going to get it done in the later rounds. To help my reaction time I try to stage DEEP thus limiting my roll out and giving me a better reaction time, now the down side is it also slows my ET's down (almost a tenth because of less roll out)! Now thats OK because Im racing in a 8.0 index, because of my car running into the 7.9's on a normal stage a DEEP star puts me right on my 8.0 index! The problem with DEEP staging is the inconsistants of my deep staging...... have to do it quickly so I can get on my trans brake and get set, the problem is most of the other drivers/cars will double bulb the tree to get in quick so they can be ready I was brought up to courtesy stage (thats like the unwritten rule). Anyways that doesn't happen so I end up going in last (staging) and not being able to deep stage thus giving me a not so good .090 or so reaction time...... ! Now what the Bump Box will do is get me on my tans brake and two step while going in DEEP so I'm ready to react to the pro tree and giving me a much better reaction Time (around .060 or)! a .060 is a good starting point so I can a few more rounds but to WIN (and I like too WIN) I need a .030 or better reaction time. With the Bump Box I have I can adjust the length of my bumps to go in as deep as I want thus fine tuning my reaction times better then .030!!! So i guess I'm going to remove my bump box and send it back so they can check to see if its working properly so I know what i need to do for next year (check on my wiring ....etc).

GTO George