View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Senior Chief

I would expect that due to the multi direction turbulence within the plenum, the fuel spraying across would dissipate dramatically before it ever made it across to the appropriate intake runner.

The inside of a plenum is not a calm peaceful place. You literally have 8 cylinders tugging and pulling from the same well of air making the atmosphere within very unstable for direct linear travel of fuel from an injector. I personally dont see it working very well... however I'm not an engineer, it just does not play out well in my personal visualization of operation.

Its like driving down the road at 55MPH and trying to spit out the window and hit car next to you.

TBI works because it mixes both air and fuel upon entrance... so the fuel is equally suspended in the air moving about inside the plenum... Using injectors below the throttle body and across from the runner would both not allow time to mix evenly enough and create pools of uneven air/fuel ratios...

Last edited by AIR RAM; 05-25-2019 at 12:07 PM.