View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
70Steve, That is a nice looking Sport! Do you recall what options it had? Looks like it had dual exhaust at least, and the Cordova Top and Rally II's. I would've never thought we would be so interested in 4-door LeMans' a few years ago, but the wierd ones are facinating and collectable, maybe not really valuable, but collectable. You don't see them anywhere, even at the national Pontiac events (POCI, Ames, etc.).

We will try to search for the orginal owner someday soon. We know the dealership it was delivered to in Santa Rosa, CA called Talmadge-Wood Pontiac. They still exist today as Wood Subaru, or something like that.

I too want to know what this person was thinking, basically ordering a 4-door GT-37 with the 350 motor, and almost a 4-door GTO if the 400 was ordered. We just replaced the old disc and pressure plate along with the flywheel that got damaged from the worn units rivets. We'll post more pic's as we make noticable progress.

Dennis
It is factory white with the black top and a blue interior, 350, T350 and 2.56 rear, Options on the build sheet (still got it too, Dad found it under the back seat in the 70's and filed it away) are, power windows, door locks, power bench seat, electric trunk release, tinted windshield, front and rear floor mats, door edge guards, power front discs, power steer, rally II's, G78 White Walls, trunk light, clock and AM radio. It was factory single exhaust, that was replaced by the twin system early on.

It was imported new and converted to RHD and sold as a new car. It was ordered, IIRC, about 28 to 30 cars after my 70 GTO, but my GTO was early Nov. and this one's early Feb! I guess the U.S. dealer, Kahn Motors in NJ, wasn't a high volume dealer.

Dad bought it in the mid to late 70's with about 30k miles, I think it's got 95k on it now. It's been off the road for awhile, but atleast it is still in the family. Dad bought a GTO hood to put on it and also liked the idea of the GTO splitters and rear valance as well. The old man passed away last December and, I tell ya, it was so damn hard digging this out of the shed to bring to my house . It's turn will come.

Hey, would you be interested in a pair of rear quarter panels on their own? I saw some advertised in Ca.