View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, I suppose a good place to start is shown in the 2nd pic above.

It has power windows. The driver window is partially down, & not level. For starters, I don't wanna replace the motor & get the PW working. I just wanna get the glass up & secured there.

I love roll-up windows ! But, I reckin that don't make any difference, in this situation, huh ?

To let ya'll know how very little I know, I don't evn know how to get the door panel off, without tearing it up. I just know that there are some sort of clips that hold it on. I think I still have a set of plastic clip removers, that I haven't even opened yet.

Anyhow, the 1st info I need is: Exactly how to correctly remove the panel.

Next is : What's the best way to hold the glass up, without fixing the power window mechanism ?

Related to that is the problem shown in the last pic, above. The rear window is down. Need to secure it in the up position.

But, there is another problem that must be addressed, first. The rear tailgate won't open. Feels like the lever/linkage is still hooked up, but is just not moving far enuff.

So, what is the correct procedure for opening the tailgate, WITHOUT causing damage to anything ?

I realize that this is VERY basic stuff, probably known by most everybody on this site. But, I've never done this, and don't know how.

Again, all help will be appreciated.