View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Love that car Steve! It's about time for another of your cross country road trips hauing trailer loads of parts isn't it? That was a great thread!

BJ
Thanks for the comment. Yes, the 11,000 7 week road trip in the WW5 will provide me with good memories for the remainder of my life. No plans to take her out again for such a trip though as there are other Pontiacs in the collection who want their turn.
Here are some pics of another GTO I built, raced and drove all over the United States and into Canada a few times. It's a 70 Hard top bought around 1989. In October 1993, I was able to take a month off of work and a friend and I drove this car 10,400 miles covering at least 37 states as well as Toronto, Montreal and Quebec. Then down the entire east coast ( including Georgia ) from Maine to Key West before crossing the south and back to Az. I remember making an oil change in a parking lot somewhere in Ga while on the road. Do not remember where I put the oil. hmm
Here are some pics.
Here I am in Mobile in front of the USS Alabama with the '70.

This car also had a 'glass front bumper, improved steering, larger fuel tank, 455, same Recaro seats and countless other upgrades. Ran out of time prior to the trip to paint her so we made the trip in primer.

Here I am at the southern most point in the continental US with my '70

I took about 7 hours of video and tons of pics. Driving over all the bridges to key West was way cool and a looooong way from Arizona. We took a helicoptor ride in the keys too and ate a ton of shrimp.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 07-17-2010 at 01:47 PM.