View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The front wheel arch is taller than the rear - so the difference in ride height is no the 2.25" that you think it is. A better measurement would be to check the ground clearance from the frame rail just in front of the rear wheel and just behind the front wheel.

That said, your rear tires are .9" taller then your front tires - so .45" more ride height in the rear based on tire size.

From the factory, these cars sat a little lower in the rear with all 4 tires the same size.

If your springs are original, it's very likely both front and rear are sagging to a point - and maybe the rears are sagging more than the front. If they are not original - and you weren't the one who replaced them - who knows what is in there. Also - if you lightened the front end (eliminating AC, aluminum intake, etc) that would have raised the front somewhat.

Without knowing for sure what you have - it's hard to say what will happen to the ride height.

Back when I restored my '64, I put all new factory spec'd springs from our host all the way around. The rear end on my GTO convertible had the factory appearance of the rear end sitting lower than I wanted as a result. I ended up contacting Coil Spring Specialties and had them build a set of custom springs with a .75" lift. Upon changing out the rear springs - that is exactly what I got.

Long story short - if your springs are older - trying a set of OE replacements might get you what you want. If you change them out and still want more - Coil Spring Specialties can make exactly what you want.

coilsprings.com