View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been going to that show for a long time, even before i had a car to the show. I agree with MA the show is boring, but it used to be a great show a few decades ago. They used to fill Macungie park with cars, they never had trophies but they used to give away door prizes at the end which was at least something. Now you are just paying money for a cruise day.

One thing I did notice that may be a huge help for the show is the date. This show used to be at the end of April but the last decade the weather was pretty bad temp wise and precipitation. Then they moved the 1 week forward which was a terrible idea because they were competing with another show in Bethlehem that has been established for many years and usually pulled in 400 or more cars.

Now I see the date has moved to May 31. Not sure if any other shows are going on at that time, but i can say there isn't many shows in the lehigh valley anymore so the new date may have promise. Weather should be warm anyway, rain is a hit or miss anymore.

I will most likely be there because it is in my backyard.

Mark

1965 GTO: 467 (Built By Dan Willever), 400 Block, Eagle 4.25 Stroke, Eagle 6.8 Rods, BRC Pistons, Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam, Edelbrock 72cc Heads Ported, HS Rockers, Doug's Headers, Edelbrock Victor 4150, QTF 850 Carb, TCI Flex plate, AutoGear M22 4 Speed, SPEC Clutch and Pressure Plate, 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi.