View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 03:02 AM

Question

All of the engine mount pieces, oil pan, fuel tank + filter/regulator and radiator have arrived, the headers will be here soon. The parts gathering continues.

Considering purchasing this bracket kit from KWiK Performance, it mounts a Sanden A/C compressor up high on the passenger side.http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html I'm assuming the Vintage Air setup will use some kind of Sanden compressor.

This will save me some work notching the frame for the low-mounted compressor when using the C6 Corvette accessories. For a little over $200 with shipping it looks like a good way to go, mostly aluminum construction.

Any input on this, Andrew?

On the same note, what would be the best way to buy the Corvette engine accessories I need? As an entire accessory package, or piece by piece?

I don't want to pay for the Corvette A/C bracket that I won't need if I go with the KWiK A/C brackets. But I want be sure to get the right GM alternator, power steering pump & reservoir as well as all the pulleys (tensioners, idlers, etc) needed to make the KWiK A/C brackets work.

Part #s for any of the Corvette pieces I'm going to need here would be much appreciated.