View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

All I can say is Wow!
While I respect people liking to see the car sitting at an event like Bob Ashton's MCACN the car was meant to be driven.
Trailering a car for four to five hours around Lake Michigan, that has a habit of having sudden snow storms kick up, is not fun.
Because of the car's increased value and me being less willing to sacrifice comfort, on the street, I only bring it on during the Woodward Dream Cruise week. The car is driven not trailered to the event. Also race fuel is not as easy to come by. When I do find it is usually $7.50 per gallon. This not exactly an economy car that sips the juice!
At the Dream Cruise you will usually find the car parked with the Royal Pontiac Club. A lot more fun then being captive baby sitting the car.
Just ask Andy who began this thread how much fun the Woodward Dream Cruise week is.
Have a great New Year!
If your lucky you may even catch the Friday Night Woodward Drag race sponsored by Fiat Chrysler, City of Pontiac and M1 Concourse. (Shhh just between you and I there are a few unsanctioned races occurring too. Just keep it between us)
Thanks for wanting to see the car on display. But more fun to see it moving!