View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer
Default Woodward Dream Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
The engineering on those transaxles makes my head spin, no wonder Mercedes snapped it up. Basically it is the ancestor of the modern exotic transmissions, newer Maseratis etc use a clutch to get first gear and then shift automatically. I'm always amazed at what those guys came up with back then, using just pencils and slide rules...

Woodward Dream Cruise is on my destination list next year, looking forward to seeing some of the cars mentioned in this thread.
Boy.. if you want to see all of these car at the Woodward Dream Cruise you better get your track shoes on! LOL

No one can possibly explain to you how impossible it would be to see it all. To take in all of the events and cars parked a long Woodward, Old Woodward, the Woodward Loop and all of the side streets and parks along the approximately 16 Miles in one day is impossible!

There are estimates of 1.5 million spectators and 40,000 (not a miss print) collector cars, hot rods, muscle car for a one day event. This is not including all of the daily drivers congesting the route.

Plan on spending the week and watch the momentum build as you attend as many weekly events you can find.

I once had to explain to the late automotive author Tom Shaw how impossible for me to explain the Dream Cruise to him was. Tom came about the third year and I caught up with him at Jim Wangers' presentation at Birmingham's Baldwin Library on Dream Cruise Saturday. I asked Tom, "So Tom can you explain the Dream Cruise to me?". He was almost speechless and told me he'll have to think long and hard how to put his experience into print.

Tom's by line will be missed from "Muscle Car Review". RIP