View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Darby what I mean is this, just randomly pulling 1 or 2 from a box and checking them only means you know what those 2 are when you check them. The rest who knows....ya theyre all supposed to be the same and the sets you get today for the most part are compared to years ago, but you only know by checking them all for sure. It only takes one spring to ruin the party.

I have the Rimac tester that goes to 500 pounds and pop has the 1000 pound version so I can check a pretty wide variety of springs between the two. Since we got those testers and yes they were bought new, we've checked around 25-30 sets of springs. Certainly not alot by most engine builder standards, but I've seen a pretty good amount of pulling on that lever.

You'd be surprised what a box of 16 springs new in the box could tell you. Theres always 1 or 2 in there that aint right. And they may be close or way off, who knows, thats why ya test them all.

Checking a couple is good... better than nothing at all for sure ,but if you're worrying about 1 or two or any, nothing will replace the security of checking them all and check them all and get peace of mind knowing where you are.

Test, don't guess!