View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf View Post
Just parted out a 71 Lemans; no regrets there. Tropical Lime car, but otherwise mundane. Only needed the frame.

Also parted out a 69 Fairlane Cobra with a 428 CJ. Tree fell on it 25 years ago; one rear quarter was smushed, but car could have been fixed. However, these cars don't bring much $, even when restored, so no regrets yet. I may change my mind 10 years from now, of course.

Parting an interesting 72 Javelin AMX now. Just picked it up yesterday. Originally just a 304 2bbl car with a 3 speed manual. However, it does have a factory fiberglass cowl induction hood. Between that and the grille and AMX grille screen, I'll come close to recouping my investment of $1,300, and I will use some stuff on my 71 Javelin Trans Am racer clone project. Car could be saved, but the lower quarters are nonexistent - rust ate 'em away. Don't regret it yet, but the guys on the AMC forum would like to see it saved.

Scott
Came across another 72 Javelin (AMX clone) "parts car". It's a real 20 footer - older paint, quarters full of bondo. Paid parts car $ for it and well worth it in what I could take off and sell. However, this one will be SAVED! Only a 304 2bbl auto car, but the 304 is fresh, I have a few spare 4bbl intakes and carbs, have a spare power disk setup to replace the manual drums, etc. Don't think I will keep it, but this will be an inexpensive driver for someone.

Scott