View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidguy View Post
As mentioned, why not raise the prices on the items rather than ship inefficiently or markup shipping?

It is false value to have lower prices and charge higher shipping. There are only a handful of ways to ship. There are 1000's of people selling parts using those same shippers.
If buyers think your tech support is worth the item price you charge, they will buy from you.

You can sell on Amazon if you chose to. You could provide the same support and sell to the same group of buyers in the hobby. But your prices may not be competitive. Amazon sellers don't kill the hobby.

I don't think lowering shipping costs will kill the willingness to develop parts. If a part is in demand and priced reasonably people will buy them. Heck I paid $500.00 for an air cleaner. Now my wife thinks that is crazy but I did it!
I wish they would put the money into some decent engine mounts for A-Body (2 hole) . they could charge $100.00 a set and no one would bat an eye as long as they were strong enough to handle the torque of Pontiac engines.