View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrown View Post
I have also given up on using the Autokraft oil pan. Although its fits in the car, it doesn't support the transmission bell house like a GM pan will. Almost half of the bell house would not be supported if using the Autokraft pan. I am ordering a Camaro oil pan modified by Street and Performance to fit an A-body.
I'm not sure that the fact that the bellhousing can't be bolted to the oil pan is really a big issue. It would be nice to be able to do that, but not entirely necessary for good engine to trans support.

Any of the older GM auto trans bellhousings just bolt to the block only and they hold up fine. The added beef of the 4L70E bellhousing is a plus already, it looks a lot like one of the later TH400 bellhousings with the added stiffening rib in that area.

I don't think you'll have any problems running the far-superior Autokraft pan versus the modified F-body pan that loses not only oil capacity but the factory windage tray from what I understand.

I'll be using the Autokraft pan, it should work fine in my opinion.

One question: Which flexplate did you end up using?

According to the latest GM Performance Parts catalog the GM part # 12602448 flexplate (now superseded by GM part # 12606620 according to gmpartsdirect.com) is the correct one to use for any non-Corvette automatic transmisson applications, since the C6 Corvette uses a torque tube driveline with the trans mounted at the rear.