View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Suspended

I do hope all you guys are taking in to account that there were 2 colors of blue in 73 & The color for the 72 is also a different color. Also if you can really think that a color would not change in 40+ years even if it's not been subjected to any heat or oil or any other things that would happen to an engine, well thats just wrong. All paint will change over time just from time alone, so even if Scott took the color from the back of a dampner it would still be a different color after 40+ years. Because of the emmissions rules for the 73 engines the blue was 2 different colors in 73. The color for the engines were changed after January 73 to show the EPA that these engines had been changed to meet the new std's for the 73 std's. So no matter what color blue you have it could be correct depending on when the engine was built & certified. Scott does build great cars but he is only guessing to , as any color he's using to copy wouldn't be excact after 40+ years. I use VHT SP122 for my engines that I have built for 73 cars. Thats what I've always used for my car which is a 73 GTO that I've had since new. I use to use the dupi-color but they changed the color blend to make it look more like the late model 75-77 blue which is closer to the old olds blue which is correct for the 75-77 cars. But to each his own , but if you use Scotts it's only close to . No one color is perfect , it's just what everyone will accept as correct, & no ones has it PERFECT.