View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Pontiac performance Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
Looks like -10 might be needed with this pump -or just always be WOT
I forgot to mention in my posts above that I used 3/8" (-8) feed and 1/2" (-10) return on my "TurboForce Revival" Firebird 400 project car. Of course a blow-thru turbo situation has different fuel pressure requirements that an N/A drag car.

As a non-Pontiac aside, my current project, a 1956 Packard "Panther", "What if?" car is a restomod with a hopped up Packard 374CID V-8 (2x4 intake, HC-01 size hyd cam and headers), and should put out about 400HP. However, where I live it can be 115F in the summer time and there's a long grade from 2,700ft to 5,300ft to get over the mountain pass to Las Vegas. Therefore, fuel vapor lock is a problem in that situation, as is driving in stop-go traffic in Las Vegas at the same temperature with A/C running and probably 130F asphalt road temperature. This is exacerbated by the 10% ethanol in the gas we can get out here since ethanol has a lower vapor pressure than gasoline. All these conditions being considered, that's why I duplicated the fuel pump, fuel feed, regulator and fuel return sizes from my TurboForce bird onto my Panther. Just another situation to consider on a non-drag, but high performance car that is not FI.

Last edited by Craig Hendrickson; 06-29-2016 at 10:19 AM.