View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
good review. i would assume the more expensive, triple pass radiators would cool better than the cheaper single pass radiators. however, unless im reading it wrong it doesnt seem to be an "apples to apples" comparison. the champion had medium profile fans but then you changed to extreme duty fans on the other 2 radiators that you said doubled the cfm. what would the champion do with those fans? the champion may be the lesser of the 2 radiators but is also the cheapest price of the 2. that isnt really apples to apples.... <SNIP>
I meant to get back to you earlier, but got distracted by something shiny.

You are correct about apples to apples....
I did change fans in the middle of the tests, BUT, the Eastwood performed better than the Champion WITH the first set of fans so there is an apples to apples comparison.
I then put on the bigger fans which helped the Eastwood even more. I would expect a similar improvement from the Champion with the same fans, but I would also expect the Eastwood to perform better by a similar margin.
The next apples to apples comparison is between the Eastwood & Cold Case with the big fans. The Cold Case was the winner here.

So while the entire series of tests didn't follow the scientific method to the letter, there are enough data to make a reasonable conclusion that the Eastwood is better than the Champion and the Cold Case works better than the the other two.

Disclaimer:
This was on my setup.
Your mileage may vary.

There is no try. - Yoda

1967 Firebird Restoration 2005 - 1/25/2017

Last edited by Speargun; 08-25-2017 at 04:27 PM.