View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by george kujanski View Post
A question....nowadays is usoft Defender enuf for virus protection or should you get another anti- virus?
That's a good question. I don't know what the best way to pick internet security software is so I'm eager to hear what people have to say. I've used many things over the years. Right now, I'm using Bitdefender. Don't know if it's any good, but I haven't had any problems. I updated the software and did a scan right after that last event and it said I was all clear. But I think that attempt was a fairly low level and unsophisticated.

I think a lot of it is common sense and a high level of awareness and skepticism. Don't open any files or click any links that you are not absolutely sure of. Any unsolicited online contact should be highly suspect. Anything that expresses a sense of urgency, asks for any personal information, action, makes threats or certainly asks for money is an attack until proven otherwise. Anything that claims to be from the government, any official entity, agency or business is also highly suspect.

For example, I have Lifelock. Yeah, I know many people say it's not worth it. But, apart from that, when they contact me by email, I don't use the link in the email. I close the email and go directly to the website myself and login just in case the email is a scam to get my login info.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share