View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 01:51 PM

Default 70 Judge RA IV: LOOKING FOR INFO ON MY "NEW" CAR

Hello everyone,

Posted this on another forum but was told THIS is the place to be. Finally got the car I've been looking for and I am hoping this is a car that is known to some of you and perhaps there is some info out there (stories, pictures, etc). I have some optimism because this car is unique to the point there is no way it hasn't been recognized. Here is what it is:

1970 Pontiac GTO Judge RAM AIR IV
-4-Speed
-Matching numbers all through out
-Polar White
-Dark Saddle (Brown) Interior Code 253 or 53
-"Zone Car" has 2 sales invoices given by PHS
-25 options on the car
-Won concourse gold at the 2001 GTO Nationals

Any info or stories anyone might have would be great. I am looking for some specific info though:

-Any info on the 253 or 53 code interior? It is "Dark Saddle", sometimes referred to as "Brown". It is not like saddle, no tan about it. I have looked at literally thousands of cars over the years and never seen this before. Any info on this would be appreciated.

-The 2 invoices show it was originally invoiced to FRANK HAYES PONTIAC in Williamsport, PA Dealer Code 03-267 on 12/29/69 then on 2/24/70 it was transferred to the PONTIAC MOTOR DIVISION ZONE 3 in Jenkintown, PA, Dealer code 03-991. Looking for any info on this, why it might have been transferred. Frank Hayes it seems went out a while back. Anyone know about them?

Any other info would be great. Really appreciate any help, just trying to build the story and all. I will probably post another thread on these specific topics but just wanted to start with this.