View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by abefromen View Post
I know the part number for the outer window sweeps are 9673652/9673653

I was under the impression that the sweeps were the same for BOP, Chevelle and Elcamino but I see other sellers offering the sweeps with different numbers 9673659 and 9673658 saying they fit 73-77 GM cars Chevelle, Cutlass, etc.

Is there a difference or are they the same?

Looking to buy a pair but want to clarify this.

The 658 and 659 are listed as El Camino sweeps in the GM parts catalog. I have a 73 El Camino, and I have some 652/653 Lemans/Chevelle sweeps that I bought for my Pontiac a-bodys. I can't see any reason they won't fit the El Camino. I've put a Lemans/Chevelle 652 up to my right El Camino door, comparing it to the length, fit, and screw hole locations, etc. of the old original sweep on the door and I can't see a difference. Also, the El Camino doors are the same as Chevelle doors, and Chevelle doors use the 652/653 like the Lemans, so I don't know why the EC even has a different part number. If there's a difference, it isn't significant. Eventually, I'm going to put some 652/653's on my El Camino, since I have already have them.

I know the Chevelle/Lemans 652/653 sweeps don't fit 73-77 Monte Carlo or Grand Prix. I don't know about the Cutlass, Regal, or Century. They might fit Cutlass S and Century since they have the same roof with sloped back glass as Chevelle and Lemans, and if the top of the doors have the same curvature.