View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 09:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65madgoat View Post
While anyone can do whatever they want to their car, if one loves an LS (errr...small block chebby) so much why not just buy a bew caddy, vette, or camaro and call it a day.

I much prefer seeing and and would only ever have a traditional Pontiac engine pushed to it's limit in a vintage Pontiac.

And before someone uses the weight against a traditional Pontiac engine, well, you can get a new aluminum IAII or MR1A block.

Putting an LS is a vintage car looks wrong and the car loses it's soul. And in most cases, torque - which is what makes a Pontiac a Pontiac.
Sure you can. But it is not VINTAGE Pontiac, it is AFTERMARKET! It was NOT produced by PONTIAC or gm. Looks are subjective, but perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the potential of the LS engines.

I own a 2004 GTO that I bought new in June of 2004. It currently has 108k miles and only THREE bolts on this engine have ever been loosened. The two that hold the thermostat and the oil drain plug, that's it.

I,m not advocating that everybody should replace their Pontiac engine with an LS. But quit with the efforts to shame others who choose differently. It is not an irreversible move and one could always switch back. But the car itself is what we truly love and in my opinion, the LS only makes it more enjoyable the same way aftermarket suspension and brake components make it safer.

Also, as beautiful as the BAT car is, I personally would take a different approach. But the only reason I even replied in this thread is because a certain poster constantly reminds us of his disdain for non-Pontiac engines in Pontiacs. I respect his right to feel that way, but it is tiresome.

Last edited by pont3; 04-01-2023 at 09:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pont3 For This Useful Post: