Thread: Hey Uncle Judge
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is all I know--

I found the car in Hemmings Motor News and bought it in Lancaster, CA around 1985. I brought it to NC then. Lancaster is close to Edwards Air Force Base. I purchased it from a fellow named Dave Palmer who purchased it from an officer in the Air Force there.

It was purchased from a used car lot in 1977 in Ohio, and the owner moved to FL, with the Air Force I believe. He, or a later owner, later went to Edwards Air Force Base with the car. I don't know these names now. I did speak to the owner that purchased it in Ohio. He painted it black. I never attempted to trace it back further as I doubted that I could. The Ohio DMV might be the only hope there.

One interesting tid bit is that it had some B-1 Bomber primer on it as it was at Edwards Air Force Base outside when they were painting one of the B-1's. Dave Palmer's step dad worked at the maintenance shed at Edwards, and I got to go in there to see some of the planes. The guard looked at us for about 5 minutes before he let us in--quite disturbing--but there was some international tension at the time as I remember. I got to see several planes and climb into a F-111, which is the only fighter with an ash tray! I also walked along one of the wings of a jet that was being moved into the shed as this was required when moving a plane in or out to make sure nothing was damaged. Why they let a 26 year old from NC do this is odd, but who took this responsibility was not important--as long as someone did it.

We later rode by the building that Tony in I Dream of Jeanie supposedly worked at. But this building is actually a NASA building as I was told.

Lancaster, CA is a dry lake bed. All in all, it was a fantastic trip to Lancaster!

Oh, and around 2000 (I think), some Yankee guy who drinks lots of beer and has a lot of old cars took the car to Wisconsin. This car has probably seen more of our country than I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00000005.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	399678  

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.