View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goathead68
Yeah, but it's APS, not NAPA. There was a lot on the east side of Milwaukee, across from L'ville Toyota, can't remember if it was used cars or a Nissan store, maybe v-dubs.

If you go north on Milwaukee, kitty corner to the Liberty Theatre, at a site now under construction, was were Bernard (now Libertyville) Chevy was located. They were there until 1968, at which time they moved to the current location south of downtown Libertyville. My Dad was one of the first 'new' customers at the new store; he ordered a '68 Chevy Impala sport sedan (four-door hardtop), 327, T-400, white with a black interior.

And at the site of the closed Shell station at the corner of 176 and Milwaukee, was Gustafson Motors, Libertyville's Pontiac dealer until a fire in 1967. The dealership reopened as Talman Pontiac, now Pauly Honda.

Thats very cool. I dont remember Pauly being a Pontiac store. Before my time I guess.

The first tow pics is the building that I talked about in the first post in this thread. I didnt realize it use to be an old Napa store. They must have moved a coupleo f years ago as they now have a new building down the street.

The second is what used to be a Pontaic store that Ken (goathead68) talked about in his first post in this thread. Both buildings are pretty run down as you can see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2122.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	113008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2123.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	113009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2121.jpg
Views:	491