View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I'd start looking for areas where air is by-passing the radiator. Are all the factory AC option air seals in place? Around frame horns, between bottom of radiator and core support (A body has these). Assembly manual usually outlines all the additional seals used on AC cars .
Only other thing I could suggest is going to 50/50 mix, I think that's considered optimum for heat transfer/protection. Of course check the lower hose for the spring.

And ... how accurate is the gauge ... jeez if you were only 10 degrees cooler across the board I'd call it good for a big car, big engine with AC.

How does it behave in the same weather sitting in traffic?
To you questions:

Seals around radiator are good and I added some additional seals when installing the aluminum radiator. The frame horn seals are fair conditions and at least one could use a replacement.

On the coolant mix ratio, 100% water offers the best heat transfer per I study I have and 70/30 is a compromise between cooling and correction protection. Same study also reports the "water wetter" is a waste of money. Some addition info here: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/e...col-d_146.html

I have an aftermarket digital gage and I have check the accuracy.

Lower hose spring is in place.

When sitting in traffic, temperature does rise especially after coming off the freeway. I have not done a lot of city driving yet since these changes.

Last edited by mike202; 04-10-2023 at 08:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike202 For This Useful Post: