View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 12:18 PM

Thank you very much for all of the added information. I have a lot more now. I think I have everything in order except for: 1.) Both the 1966 bulletins and the 1967 service manual show the buckle on the outside and mounted to the roof. However, the Ames repros have the buckle on the inside and the tongue/latch side mounted to the roof. So for those of you who have original belts, how are they orientated? 2.) That plastic holder that is attached to the quarter panel is clearly a "buckle" holder and it too is shown in the 1967 service manual. Now as for the metal clips that mount to the roof rail, these are not shown in the 1966 bulletin, nor in the 1967 service manual. Ames shows them as for 1968+ model year, and not applicable for 1967. However, I think I can assume that the holder on the quarter panel is only for a system with the buckle on the outside as the buckle fits right in there and a tongue/latch would slip out, while the wire clips are only for a tongue/latch on the outside. I don't think the engineers would want a buckle up there on the roof rail swinging around and hitting a passenger in the head. Also on the daily drivers I have, all of the belts have the latch/tongue on the outside. So how do the original 1966/67 look? Thanks again.